Saturday 6 October 2012

Saturday cooking

Today I have been cooking for quite a while! I started off by cutting up some onions and garlic, then sweating them using a cartouche, this was to be used in a risotto. I then made a spinach and apple salad using spinach, apple, flaked almonds, pistachio, and Parmesan, which was great and I got to practice my knife skills. I then put the risotto rice into the pan and made it golden, then I put in the chicken stock and some Parmesan, and left to simmer. I went on to cop some more onions and garlic for a courgette dish and sweated them off, again using a cartouche! While this was happening I cut up some courgette into small slices and then added them to the onions! For the courgette sauce I made a sort of bechamel sauce, but with tomatoes! I checked the risotto, then jointed a chicken, and basted it with a mustard sauce from the Leiths bible and put it in the oven to cook. I seasoned the risotto and put it to one side. I then put the courgettes and sauce into a glass oven pan, sprinkled with cheese, and put to one side. I then served lunch and tidied up! After this a made a non alcoholic tirimisu for dinner, using the recipe from the Leiths bible, which was lovely! All of this took me through until 5, so I have had a very action packed day, but very enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment